Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finally an update! YAY!

I didn't realize how much time had passed since my last blog. My appologies to those that may have checked, only to find the same old post over and over :)

We have been really busy in second grade! Students have been doing awesome at AR reading and taking tests. I'm very proud of how hard they work. The end of the 6 weeks is next Friday, and we will have our AR party that day. I will send home a note as soon as I know what our plan is. Remember, they can read books from home and test on them at school.

In math we have started adding 2-digit and 1-digit numbers (97+8=). In the next few days we will begin adding two 2-digit numbers (65+39=). It is a lot of fun to watch them learn this new skill.

We are also doing a lot of writing. This is such a creative bunch of kiddos. They come up with amazing stories, and we are working on putting their stories into paragraphs, and editing our first drafts.

Thanks so much for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment